Will apple stores have a 60 gig ibook stock?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AcousticDoc, Jul 26, 2005.

1. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

I'm gonna buy the 12 inch ibook but would rather not wait and get it at the store....would apple stores carry any 60 gig models?

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Ummmm...do you own a telephone? A phone book? This news is like 15 min old! I don't think anyone really knows, nevermind anything about the Apple store near you.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

No. If you want a BTO, you have to order it on the web. If you go to the store and order one, they just order it on the web too.

4. AcousticDoc thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys...sigh....I like the better keyboard of the powerbook and I want a60 gig harddrive anway and mic lin...Should I just buy a powerbook instead of the ibook? Is the 300 extra bucks worth it? (what's the realistic max battery life of a powerbook anyway?)

5. AcousticDoc thread starter macrumors regular

ok I'm crazy, the ibook is sucha better deal...well here's another question. If I wanted a 5400 60 gig harddrive...will installing it void my warranty? Is this hard to do as well? about how much is that anyway?

6. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

So then would u go back to the store and pick it up? and does some bussiness go to that store?

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

it would TOTALLY void your warranty. iBooks (and PBs, for that matter) weren't meant to be opened by anyone other than mac techs. They're really HORRID to open. Seriously. Something like.. HALF A KAJILLION SCREWS to take out.

Well, f you were installing it yourself, you kill your warranty. If you have an apple cert, can take apart your 'book without voiding the warranty, and youREALLY want to... knock yourself out? Just remember my little half a kajillion screws speech. ("HALF A KAJILLION SCREWS to take out.")

Also, the faster HD would drain and (I think, not sure) it would get warmer.

edited to add: Man.. whenever they release new machines, I go to the apple store to play with them a little bit. It takes my local Apple store like... two or three weeks to get them in at the soonest!
    I'm gonna go quiz them on the specs.. hehe. I'll know more about Macs than the Mac genius... for about 30 seconds, before he just looks at the site.
    But what a grand 30 seconds it will be!

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

They basically fill out the form for you. It gets shipped to your address. I guess if you could only pay in cash or check they'd ship it to the store and you could pick it up, but i don't know.