Will Apple stores hold an item?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jesusphreak, Jun 2, 2006.

1. jesusphreak macrumors member

I'm supposed to get my MacBook replaced, but my local store hasn't had them in stock.

Will Apple stores "hold" an item for me until I'm able to get to the store and pick it up?

2. idkfa macrumors regular

They should. Most other retailers will.

When I bought my iPod at the Educational Store on campus, I asked them to hold one of the two arriving iPods for me.

3. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

maybe, maybe not. Just call them and ask. For a hot selling product I'd be surprised if they did ('cause then people would just call in advance and screw people actually in the store), but sense you have a product for replacement they might do it.

Lethal

5. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

When the iPod shuffle first hit stores, I was scrambling to get one for Valentine's day. I called several Apple stores that didn't have any in stock, and some that only had the 512 MB. I finally found a store near me with a few 1 GB units in stock, and they held it for me for an hour. I had to jump in the car and get down there quickly, but I made it.

Policy could vary by store, or maybe not. We don't know, so it's just best to call.

6. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

i bet they'd hold it for like, a day depending on the demand? from my previous job in retail, we'd only hold items until the end of the night and then the next day would be a clean slate unless they called again in the morning.

7. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

They hold items as long as you come in the the day you request it. (later in the day)
    My sister had to catch a macbook at the Apple store after 2 unsucsesful visits, so she called and had them Hold one for her when they got a new shipment.