Will Applecare cover my mac and display if I buy the display and Applecare after?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amberashby, Oct 13, 2006.

1. amberashby macrumors 6502

Nov 6, 2003
    Hi all,

I bought a MacPro right when they came out (without applecare). Now I'm about to buy a 30 inch cinema display. If I buy the display and Applecare for the MacPro now will it still cover the display? I know it covers it if you buy them at the same time, but not sure in my case.

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    You need a seperate Applecare for the Display, and a seperate Applecare for the Mac Pro, if I'm not mistaken? You can buy Applecare anytime before your one year included Applecare is up.
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    If you had bought the display and the Mac Pro at the same time (on the same receipt), you could have purchased AppleCare for the Mac Pro anytime within the first year and both items would have been covered under the single AppleCare for the Mac Pro. No extra AppleCare for the display would have been required.

But because your display and Mac Pro were not purchased at the same time, you'll have to spring for separate AppleCare...retail price is $249 for the Mac Pro and $99 for the display. :(

4. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    On the upside you can get free Applecare for your Airport Express so long as you have active Applecare coverage with a Mac, so go for it!

Make Apple lose money by giving them more money!