Will Bangladesh escape embarrassment?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dogbone, Apr 18, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

It's the thread we had to have.

I guess they are just waiting for Shaggy, (must get a new nickname) to get his double century before declaring. Let this be a warning: do not try an humiliate the Aussies, they don't like it.

I wonder if a night watchman has ever made a double ton before.

oooooh 500 posts today. W00t.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I guess the Aussies responded with their bats, so far. 581 for 4! Yikes. Gillespie and Hussey could both get double tons in their partnership. Good night Bangladesh.

3. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Looks like another innings defeat is in the books.

5. cubist macrumors 68020

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Indeed. There was a thread last week about the Australia/Bangladesh test match, in which the Aussies shamefully needed to come from behind to beat possibly the worst team in the history of test cricket, a team they'd beaten by an innings in their previous encounters. So, this is the payback for that last match. Now, if the Bangladeshis can only hang on to those 6 wickets tomorrow, we'll have ourselves a draw :)

7. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I think it's good night for Bangladesh in this test.

I was gutted that they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the first test, but this really is a fantastic Australian side. Can't believe Dizzie got the double ton.

And I am also delighted to be discussing cricket on Macrumors! :)

8. dogbone thread starter macrumors 68020

dogbone

I can't wait for the Ashes. it should be really bitter.

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

talk about a cryptic thread....

you guys do realize that you are gloating about beating Bangladesh?

10. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

Well the Aussies can't beat the English anymore so they've gotta gloat about beating someone.

11. dogbone thread starter macrumors 68020

dogbone

Nah, after humiliating Smith on two continents that was enough fun. It was good to see the Bangladeshis give OZ a bit of a scare, I don't think anyone really cared if they snatched a win. It was just good to see (former) Shaggy get a double ton and 8 wickets on his return.

I was disappointed to see Bangla wilt and I hope they can bat out a draw, I think it will be bad for them if they lose so badly because it will undo the good feeling from the first test and bruise their newfound confidence.

Mad Kiwi

"Well the Aussies can't beat the English anymore so they've gotta gloat about beating someone."

er...didn't the Kiwi's just collapse like a bunch of girls in 36 overs for 120 runs against a South African side who just lost five tests in a row? It's good that England won the Ashes by two runs, the OZ's couldn't get it up any longer for the fight. I'll be getting a ticket to the boxing day test for the final dead rubber. I think it will be business as usual as Australia wrap up the Ashes in the first 3 tests.

12. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

Hey it's not fair to bring up the Kiwi cricket team, we're not very good at summer sports, since it's only like summer for like 3 days in New Zealand and it's winter the rest of the year. Rugby now that's what we're good at.

13. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'd say the answer is a resounding no.

Australia finished off Bangladesh by an innings and 80 runs. All is right in the world of cricket again.

14. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Sadly I think it'll be a one-sided affair. The rub of the green went all our way and the Aussies were possibly a touch complacent. They'll get themselves up for this winter though - they HATE losing to England and I'm sure it'll be business as usual. I just hope we make a contest out of it.