Will Belkin F5U506 expresscard work on my macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mc Pavel, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Mc Pavel macrumors member

Hello, mac guys!

I want to buy an expresscard with 2 firewire + 1 usb ports for my 15-icnh macbook pro. I live in Norway and the only one available here is Belkin F5U506. Here is the link link

So my question is if this expresscard will work on my macbook pro? :apple: :confused:

2. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Why wouldn't it? It says it's compatible with Express 34, which your macbook has, and it says it's compatible with OS X. Looks like you're good to go.

3. Mc Pavel thread starter macrumors member

It says "Installs easily into any 34mm or 54mm ExpressCard bus* slot".
    i just dont understand how this expresscard fits both 34mm & 54mm slots :confused:

4. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Expresscard 54 is designed to take both 34 and 54, which is why it's a bit irritating that Apple didn't go with 34.

5. Mc Pavel thread starter macrumors member

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There are two kinds of expresscards -- 34mm wide ones and 54mm wide ones. If you have a 54 slot (ExpressCard54), then you can put the smaller one in it, or the bigger one in it. If you have a 34mm slot (ExpressCard34) then you can only put the small card into it.

Does that part make sense?

So your MBP has the smaller card slot. Meaning it can only accept 34mm cards. But the card that you linked *is* a 34mm card. Meaning it's fine.

Does *that* part make sense?

7. dr_lha macrumors 68000

They list Mac OS X as a supported OS, so yes, it will work on the MacBook Pro. After all the MacBook Pro is the only Mac to support Expresscards.