Will Belkin voice recorder work w/ g2 Ipod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joyful-girl, Mar 22, 2004.

1. joyful-girl macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone!
    I am new to this site and a new apple fanatic. I just got a used 2nd generation 20 gb ipod, which I love. I would like to get the Belkin voice recorder, but the .mac site states it's only compatible with the dock connector ipods, which I don't have. This confuses me, because just looking at the device, it seems like it would plug right into the headphone jack. If it's a software issue, can my ipod software that came with the 2nd gen ipod be updated? Thank you so much for your help!
    Madeleine

2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

The voice recorder will not work with the 2nd generation iPods. It's a software AND hardware issue (there's an additional small connector on the 3G iPods next to the headphone jack... I believe that the recorder has a little 'nubbin' that fits into it). I'm sure you'll enjoy your iPod anyway... I love my 20gb 2G.

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

The Web site seems to indicate that the universal microphone adapter seems to indicate that it will work with any iPod except the mini. So that might be an alternative for you.

4. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Actually, that device just lets you use your own mic instead of a built-in one. The adapter itself won't work with the 2nd Gen iPod... and anyway, the software for the 2nd Gen iPod does not allow recording.