Will buy a MBP soon, questions.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bballguy997, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Bballguy997 macrumors newbie

I am planning on buying a new MBP in either august(back to school, tax free + edu discount.), or way down the road in december. Anyway, I have a couple questions before I buy.

1. The current chips being 32 bit, and windows vista to be 64 bit, will the current MBP's run vista correctly?

2. ive heard of macScan, is purchasing it necessary?.

3. Does anyone have a link to a guide telling how to upgrade the RAM yourself? Ive seen some for the Macbook, but I dont know if its the same.

4. Is there any rumored chance the macbook pro's may come in black?

Thats all I can think of now,
    thanks

2. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

1. I'm not aware that Vista is 64 bit, so there should be no problems there.
    2. No need as of yet, but if Macs get more popular there might be more attacks in the future. The only reason to get it at the moment is to stop you spreading viruses to other computers (it p***es friends off)
    3. Dunno, but there's probably something out there.
    4. That would be nice, but it's pure speculation at the moment. Maybe we'll know more in 2 weeks.

Edit: Welcome to the boards

3. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/85.4.0.html

Hello. First off welcome, as a recent newb and still frankly am, I am in the same boat for the most part. I'm waiting for the Merom MBP which with my fingers crossed will come out in late august.

Above is link to have your RAM installed on your MBP. The Forum is http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=216948&highlight=Poppe, if there is any more questions on the ram, or just helpful advice.

I wish they came out with a black one, but to me more metal like and not so much like the Macbook.

www.colorwarepc.com is a place that colors Macs and if I had money to drop I'd be thinking about getting a Blackone there...

Hopefully soon we'll have our Macs

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

1) Yes, Vista will come as 32-bit as well. MBPs already run Vista (beta) correctly.
    2) There's no need for this junk-ware. Save your money.
    3) Someone else got it.
    4) No chance, at least, not from Apple.

5. trishw2006 macrumors newbie

It says you can have a 32-bit or a 64-bit here
    Hope that helps a little.

6. Bballguy997 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help, I look forward to purchasing one soon