Will Ericsson T300 iSync?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by chmorley, Mar 7, 2003.

1. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

First, the question: Can the Sony-Ericsson T300 iSync (using IR)?

The background (you can skip this, if you like):
    Like many, I have been coveting a Sony-Ericsson T68i. I would really like to lose my PDA, and the T68i and the P800 seem like the best options. However, I am hesitant to spend much on a phone. I spent $400 on my PDA 2 years ago, and I am ready to be done with it. Justifying that kind of expense every 2 years is tough.

I considered the Amazon.com offer, but since I am already a T-Mobile customer, I don't qualify for the rebate. I tried to persuade T-Mobile to save me the hassle of letting my contract expire and then signing up again, getting a new phone number and less favorable rate plan, but they didn't go for it. As an alternative, they gave me a list of phones I could get either at a reduced fee or free. Having researched my options, the T300 is the best choice for me.

So anyway, I'd really like to be able to sync my phone with my address book. I believe the only way to do this would be with the IR port. Anyone know if this is possible?

Chris

2. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

3. chmorley thread starter macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Thanks, Tim. I had seen that. I just know that other, unlisted devices also work (e.g., the Sony-Ericsson P800). I was hoping to hear from someone who had tried this.

Chris

4. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

I see nothing indicating that iSync works with IR.

5. chmorley thread starter macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Thanks, Tim. My reading skills had diminished pretty dramatically in the past 24 hours. I appreciate the help.

Anyone have first hand experience trying this?

Chris