Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrxdrunkie

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
I hope something comes out on windows to enable this feature. I just sold my macbook and am currently only using windows.

I would love to use the places feature though.

geotagging of photos has to work with some progran in windows, right? Or was that something strictly developed for the mac?

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Faces doesn't work without iPhoto, but places does, which is cool. You can geotag old pics and scans without metadata in Picassa and they'll show up in map view on the iPad. Photos with geotaxis will work on their own.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Faces doesn't work without iPhoto, but places does, which is cool. You can geotag old pics and scans without metadata in Picassa and they'll show up in map view on the iPad. Photos with geotaxis will work on their own.
do you mean ilife 08? cause that has places but not faces

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
My head just exploded. It's weird trying to understand what you guys are talking about since I've never owned a Mac.

:) -- I guess I won't miss what I don't understand.

kaheynu

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
That's not entirely true...

I have an ipad and i don't have ilife 09. I have the iPhoto that came with my computer from 3 years ago. Places worked on my ipad up until yesterday. I was like whoa what is this feature. It was putting push pin like icons on a map on my ipad denoting the places i visited from the pictures i took in japan and S. Korea. Then yesterday when I went to show a friend this feature I could not replicate it. Im still wondering what happen? How can i have it and now not have it.

-K

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Speaking of iLife, should we expect iLife 10 to be announced/released during Steve's WWDC keynote?

aberration

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Faces on iPad without a Mac or iLife

Just a bump in case anyone's come up with clever solutions:

I just bought an ipad for my parents. I'm a PC user. I have all my photos named, date-stamped, geo-tagged, and face recognized through picassa. Is there anyway to sync those photos to the iPad and retain dates, faces, and geo-tags? It sounds like the geo-tags and dates will work, but that the faces will not.

Is there any way to use a friend's Mac and iPhoto to create the faces and save it to a PC so I can upload the newly added Mac/iPhoto/faces metadata onto the iPad? I would just use his computer for everything, but then if I ever need to re-sync I would need to erase and sync from ours.

Outside of jailbreaking or anything extreme, has anyone heard of or succeeded in using Faces outside of a Apple centric world?

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.