Will I Be Able To Run The Sims 2 Smoothly?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Sep 8, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I got a G4 1.25 GHZ eMac w/ 768 MB of RAM. What you guys think?

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Probably not, from what I read on the games forum it wont run smoothly on most G4s especially not on an emac because it only has a 32mb graphics card, you might want to try the sims 1 and the HUGE expansion set, thats what I did.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

ehhh... OK, I've already played out the first one a long time ago.

4. darkelipse04 macrumors newbie

darkelipse04

Actually I heard it will run fine with those specs... Even if its a 9200 graphic card, just turn down the effects.

5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

for the beginning, it should work OK... but dont even think about inviting more than 1 other person over to the house, it will turn into a slideshow.

it runs decently on my Powerbook (specs in sig), but having more than 4 people on the screen in a normal sized house is living hell on my machine... for that reason I dont play the game that often.

oh BTW, that is with all options set to LOW.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

System Requirements:

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later
    CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
    CPU Speed: 1.2GHz or faster
    Memory: 256 MB or higher
    Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
    Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000 or better
    Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
    Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
    Media Required: DVD Drive

and one of the more moral excuses for pirating a game applies here, you can test it out before buying, if i hadn't pirated rise of nations i would have bought it and be boned because it wont work on either of my macs, it has a stupid ass messeges that stops you playing it if your below any of the specs, for my ibook i only have 16MB vram even though it's a radeon, and for my cube i had a 450MHz cpu and it required a 600MHz one (which my ibook had.

7. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Will you be able to run it? Yes. Will it run smoothly? Absolutely not. A lot of frames will skip, it may generally just seem slow depending on what you are used to, but it will be quite playable. I think the only machine the Sims 2 will run "smoothly" on is a high-end G5. But there's no reason you can't enjoy it on your machine unless the low frame rate would really bother you that much.