Will I Be Able To Run The Sims 2 Smoothly?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Sep 8, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I got a G4 1.25 GHZ eMac w/ 768 MB of RAM. What you guys think?
  2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Apr 11, 2004
    Probably not, from what I read on the games forum it wont run smoothly on most G4s especially not on an emac because it only has a 32mb graphics card, you might want to try the sims 1 and the HUGE expansion set, thats what I did.
  3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    ehhh... OK, I've already played out the first one a long time ago.
  4. darkelipse04 macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2004
    Actually I heard it will run fine with those specs... Even if its a 9200 graphic card, just turn down the effects.
  5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    for the beginning, it should work OK... but dont even think about inviting more than 1 other person over to the house, it will turn into a slideshow.

it runs decently on my Powerbook (specs in sig), but having more than 4 people on the screen in a normal sized house is living hell on my machine... for that reason I dont play the game that often.

oh BTW, that is with all options set to LOW.
  6. Mord macrumors G4

Aug 24, 2003
    System Requirements:

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later
    CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
    CPU Speed: 1.2GHz or faster
    Memory: 256 MB or higher
    Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
    Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000 or better
    Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
    Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
    Media Required: DVD Drive

and one of the more moral excuses for pirating a game applies here, you can test it out before buying, if i hadn't pirated rise of nations i would have bought it and be boned because it wont work on either of my macs, it has a stupid ass messeges that stops you playing it if your below any of the specs, for my ibook i only have 16MB vram even though it's a radeon, and for my cube i had a 450MHz cpu and it required a 600MHz one (which my ibook had.
  7. jamdr macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    Will you be able to run it? Yes. Will it run smoothly? Absolutely not. A lot of frames will skip, it may generally just seem slow depending on what you are used to, but it will be quite playable. I think the only machine the Sims 2 will run "smoothly" on is a high-end G5. But there's no reason you can't enjoy it on your machine unless the low frame rate would really bother you that much.