Will iChat allow any more than 3 + me in video chat?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chuckiej, Mar 7, 2005.

1. chuckiej macrumors regular

I am hoping to do a video conference between 4 other groups plus ourselves when Tiger comes out. But iChat is limited to 3 + us for video chat, right? I guess we could do an audio chat if we had to but it is not optimum.

This is for a Parkinson's disease support group outreach program. Our doctors would like to be able to talk to four support groups at once and answer questions from all four. If we could have 4 + us on iChat video at once, it would be perfect.

Thanks!

2. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Nope, just 3 others plus you right now. Sorry to be the confirmer of bad news to you.
    -Chase

3. beg_ne macrumors 6502

As rendezvouscp said, you can only do 3 plus yourself in the next version of iChat. But something that might work is to look into Flash Communication Server. You might not want to but it and run it on your own, but im sure there are hosts with support for it out there.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashcom/

4. chuckiej thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks to both of you. We've decided to go with a QT broadcast of video of our speaker, plus iChat audio chat to ask questions. I think we will have to get a second Mac on our end to do the audio chat and feed the result into the broadcast. There may end up being feedback on the support group ends, we'll see.