Will iChat ever feature yahoo and MSN messaging?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seenew, Jun 30, 2006.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I'd rather use iChat than Adium, but I have friends who us AIM, MSN, and Yahoo...

Any chance of an iChat upgrade in Leopard?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'd really like to see Messenger support go into iChat, nobody I know uses anything else.

I doubt it will happen though.

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I highly doubt it.

Although there is a very good Mac Messenger equivalent... it's called Bootcamp :p

Hello down there in the Gong

4. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

They make Messenger for OS X, and Adium works with it, too. You don't need Windows.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

He meant for a "proper" messenger option. Messenger for Mac is not a patch on it's PC counterpart. Adium just makes it look nice and lets you chat with other clients - not really necessary down here where everyone uses MSN.

6. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Damn MSN, the email (hotmail) doesn't work with Mail.app, there is no video support. Really annoying :mad:

I hope Gmail becomes successful :cool:

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

GMail rules, Hotmail sucks.

I want either a Messenger with full feature parity between Mac and PC or for everyone in the world to move over to the same IM client, I wonder which one would happen first....

8. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I forgot to mention, it's because of this crap that Macs get bashed by my mates. They love it when they see it, love the look, etc. Then their like "cool, but it's sh*t because there is no video support, get a computer that actually functions properly" :mad:

Oh well at least I'm the smart one ;)

9. live4ever macrumors 6502a

I've always wanted to know how good is the video in MSN on Windows? Is it comparable to iChat?

10. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

just download httpmail http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18189

and if you have an intel mac in order to make it work you have to set mail to automatically open in rosetta in order for httpmail to work.

11. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

12. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

It varies greatly due to which webcam someone has but ive seen people with£25 webcams that u cant even see the person! and thats normal! so no it doesnt compare in the slightest unless you pay alot for a webcam but then again iSight is by far the best around anyway isnt it!:p

13. Salteh macrumors member

i just use aMSN. its nice looking, easy to use and supports video chat using my built in isight