Will iCloud photos be deleted after 30 days?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by stiwi, Jan 15, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

According to Apple support page, iCloud stores your photos for 30 days. After that photos are deleted. Will they be deleted from all iOS devices as well using Photostream if they were not saved to camera roll?

2. macrumors regular

Philscbx

We need to see direct links to see the full story.
    Myself - No one gets my data on some mystery cloud more fragile than ice crystals on trailing edge of B1 Bomber.

3. macrumors 6502

JoshMKB24

I wasn't aware of this, but my photostream has been up and running along with my camera roll ever since I have been using iCloud and they are all still there.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

They are still on devices but not in icloud anymore? If this would be the case, deleting on one device should not delete on another if icloud doesn't have them anymore.

5. macrumors 6502

JoshMKB24

Still on iCloud and my devices.......haha I was having the exact opposite problem of you, I didn't want some of my pics going to iCloud and couldn't figure out how to delete them

6. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Here is Apple's FAQ document for Photo Stream:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486

Okay, thanks.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

I read the FAQ but it doesn't say what happens to the photo stream photos once they get deleted after 30 days. Will they be removed from devices photo stream section or only from icloud?

8. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Okay, see below for what sounds to me like a legit explanation not only of how Photo Stream works in general but also why Photo Stream can take up space on an iPhone:

Source: http://apple.stackexchange.com/a/73698

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Makes sense now. Thanks.

10. macrumors newbie

Generally speaking, it will delete your photos in iCloud after 30 days, however if you keep the iCloud backups for a long time and do not change it, then it might be kept for a long time.

11. macrumors 6502

That's for photostream. When iCloud Photo Library comes out, there will no such restriction. However, they will use your iCloud storage space - Photo Stream does/did not use your space.