Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I'm just wondering ... word is that iLife 07 will be heavily dependent on Leopard. Wouldn't it be cool if iLife were bundled with Leopard -- so that if you upgrade one you automatically get the other?

I know, it's not likely, given Apple's history, but I can dream, can't I? If they're not bundled, I'm not sure I'm going to bother getting either one.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I think the only reason Apple might bundle this one time is the help iWork adoption. I doubt they would have a double bundle of iLife and Leopard, but instead only offer a triple-bundle: Leopard-iLife-iWork for a reduced price (say $229)...that would be around $60 dollars off the regular price of buying all three separately, so it would be an easy upsell for those that would already be set on buying Leopard and iLife to get them to try iWork again...it would be basically like getting iWork for $20.

(all prices are speculation based on past pricing)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Yeah, like I said, it's unlikely. But since it seems that iLife and Leopard announcements are both delayed, might they both be presented together -- and offered together, as a bundle?

To me, iWork seems less likely -- it's undergoing such a huge revision, with a spreadsheet and all. And you don't get it bundled with new Macs.

leistnerm

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Near Dayton, Ohio
I think it could happen

Microsoft is shipping their iMovie and iDVD wanna be's with certain versions of Vista (I think). Apple may just one up them on this one by including all of iLife in the OS.

Or not.

icloud

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
icloud is wishing for a late january or february special presentations keynote focused on 1-2 mac upgrades with a leopard and ilife/iwork spill.

my only guess for the delay (because steve could just have mentioned ilife/iwork 07 just as a passing fancy as he did with iwork 06 last year) is that they must have some "top secret" intergration with leopard...or at least its what im hoping for

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Microsoft is shipping their iMovie and iDVD wanna be's with certain versions of Vista (I think). Apple may just one up them on this one by including all of iLife in the OS.

Or not.

Microsoft has put movie maker in Windows since Windows ME, so I doubt them being included in Vista as well will make any difference.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
i think they might, itll have tighter integration and the lack of an announcement means its all gonns work together and look nice (new) and be unveiled at the leopard announcement woo

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
iLife (and iWork) upgrades might so heavily rely on Leopard that Apple would do this. That isn't to say it would exclude 10.3 & 10.4, but that many of their new features are Leopard-only.

Sort of like CS3 for Mac intel.

-=|Mgkwho

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Why do you say Leopard is delayed? It was announced for Spring, and wishful thinking aside, Spring doesn't start until the middle of March or end until the middle of June. I expect we will see a special event at its introduction.

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
iLife will probably have Leopard's finally UI, therefore they cannot reveal iLife 07 before the they show us what Leopard will really look like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.