Will ipad in case fit on dock?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ri0ku, May 30, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Just as the title says, will the ipad if in the apple case fit on the ipad dock fine? Or would I need to remove the case?

(I bought the ipad with the apple case and now im thinking about getting a dock, however if i have to keep removing the case to get it to fit on the dock then il pass)

2. macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Unfortunately you would need to remove the iPad from the Apple case in order to use the dock.

3. macrumors 6502a

As an aside, that appears to apply to just about every case out there, other than (possibly) some of the this hard-shell cases that only protect the back of the iPad.

Same for the keyboard dock.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doh... oh well, thanks for the quick reply though man, appreciate it!.

Maybe il head for a bluetooth keyboard and just fold the case so that the ipad can be stood up.

5. macrumors 6502a

That's a pretty good solution that more than a few folks seem to be adopting.

6. macrumors newbie

imPhelikz

Dockable case

The only one i have seen that works with the dock, is the nude by switcheasy.

7. macrumors 68000

richpjr

I wonder if someone could make a 3rd party dock with a longer connector so that the iPad could be docked without having to remove it from a case. Of course, it might not be real stable...