iPad Will Ipad make a larger Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Dec 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Will Apple in future make a larger Ipad maybe 10" or larger and call it a pro model or something?

I don't want one but you can bet Samsung will try and make the first 15" tablet in a few years. :p

2. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I doubt they'd make a tablet larger than 9.7''. Seems counterproductive and essentially defeats the entire idea of a portable tablet computer.

[​IMG]

3. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

First off, you might want to proofread your thread titles a bit more. There is no company named "Ipad", and if there was, Apple's legal team would jump on it and annihilate it ASAP.

Second, a larger tablet would be harder to carry around, which is one of the selling points of tablets.

4. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

thats why the new iMac is soo thin; soon they will make that a biiiiig tablet. :cool:

No, seriously I doubt there would be a bigger iPad. What is more feasible is a MacAir or MB(P) without keyboard. That in 13" or 15" I can imagine (and would get one).

For an iPad with a single document interface it seems wasted space. The portability of the current iPad and iPad mini would suffer quite.

5. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I don't think that Apple will make a larger iPad.

6. macrumors 6502a

It would definitely be a lot more cooler than a smaller Ipad (Ipad mini) in my perspective.

Ipad pro 13.9", with same ratio as regular pad and a retina display. Although, it would really crossline with their Macbook and the price would be ridiculous espically under Cook management. Might just provide you with a 5W adaptor as well:).

7. macrumors 65816

Yes, iPad will make a larger iPad and call it AppleTV.

8. macrumors regular

Yes,

I iPad will replicate and make a larger version of itself. Natural Selection right in front of our eyes.

9. macrumors 6502a

Who says you have to carry it around? What? A less portable tablet to replace laptops for designers? Never happen

10. Guest

Nah...

More likely Apple will add touch screens to its MacBooks essentially becoming bigger iPads.

11. macrumors 68040

Well by the solid sales performance of the Mini and some folks moving to it versus the larger iPads, why would Apple make a bigger iPad? I think that market would be way too small.

Next question! :)

12. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

There are a few transformer laptops out there that essentially do that, I think they go up to around 13-15" in size.