Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spectrum48k

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Perhaps they should have a contrary show 'Will it MEND?' - after they've done a 'Will it blend?'... somehow I think it may not work out lol...

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
It held up pretty well at the start! Impressive. Hell those blenders are powerful!

As for people getting angry at this, they paid for the phone. They can do what the hell they like with it. Don't like it? Then don't watch the vid.

It was really funny :D

I think apple should design the next iPhone to be 'unblendable', now that would be a new feature. :D

Yes!! I can just see Jobs mention that as one of the features during the next new iPhone keynote haha.

SaaGua

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
I don't say this about all devices but the iphone 4 deserves to get blended.

A huge design flaw that turns a mobile phone into a handheld video game device. Plus an arrogant douche who refuses to acknowledge the flaw and tells the public it's a non issue.

It is a great blender and I did purchase one because of these videos.

I really wish Crapple will come up with an actual solution other than a bumper case, so I can repurchase my iphone 4. :(

Jelite

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
UK
They should send a blender to Apple so they can get rid of all this useless iPhone stock.

djzapp

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2009
Laveen, AZ
Endgaget and other stupid blogs post this in a way to be funny, but in a reality they are trying to compromise the integrity of the device. The general public are idiots and may want something else. But to single out apple products is not cool. Funny how I never see them blending HTC or Motorola phones. Lets see how long a droid or Evo would last? But make sure the story gets out to all blogs to report how stupid it is.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Endgaget and other stupid blogs post this in a way to be funny, but in a reality they are trying to compromise the integrity of the device. The general public are idiots and may want something else. But to single out apple products is not cool. Funny how I never see them blending HTC or Motorola phones. Lets see how long a droid or Evo would last? But make sure the story gets out to all blogs to report how stupid it is.

I think you are missing the point. It has nothing to do with compromising the integrity of the device; it is about advertising. iPhone 4 is THE hottest product right now. While yes, it would be cool/fun to see other phones be blended, it is smarter to use the hottest products because it gets more people's attention.

A bunch of companies, including Blendtec, and individuals on YouTube are creating contests and giving out free iPhones because they know it is free advertising and will get more subscribers or sell more products.

Absolutely insane (as in mute the volume) iPhone 4 microwave video! This is getting ridiculous. Why are so many people completely destroying iPhones? Even used ones have second-hand value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC47sEXvZs

Advertising.

jimmyjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
ha ha ha. This is the best "Will it Blend?" ever! :)

however it is (still) a real pity and outrage. We really are in a messed up society.... Not to mention the old phone blending contest that is ridiculous and so not environmental friendly.

Interestingly I tried to read the GPS coordinates. I believe it reads "40°16'23" 111°44'18" I typed those in Google Maps and ... CHINA! :)

Cheers

If you type those coordinates in as 40°16'23" N, 111°44'18"W, You end up in Orem, UT the home of blendtec!

As said, they are in Orem, UT. They were at the Salt Lake Apple Store getting the phone on opening day. :) They got quite a reaction from all the people in line.

kironin

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2004
Texas
carping about waste is ridiculous, get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

this was fricking hilarious, liked that they made a more elaborate story with funny references.

and yes, I signed up for the iPhone 4 contest, two years free service is the big value there.

dwero

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2010
Are you nuts? $500 for a phone leads to way more than $500 in the resultant viral marketing. It's one hell of a deal for them. They couldn't buy this kind of publicity for $500.

Nobody can bear a $500 product is blended... Wast money. They should refund.

jhop98101

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
Not CHINA... Just SLC

ha ha ha. This is the best "Will it Blend?" ever! :)

however it is (still) a real pity and outrage. We really are in a messed up society.... Not to mention the old phone blending contest that is ridiculous and so not environmental friendly.

Interestingly I tried to read the GPS coordinates. I believe it reads "40°16'23" 111°44'18" I typed those in Google Maps and ... CHINA! :)

Cheers

It's 111 W, not E. That puts it just south of Salt Lake City.

FWIW, I'm tired of these videos, and it's a bit of a bummer to watch a perfectly good iPhone 4 get disintegrated.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
In latest Macrumor, Apple has reportedly ordered 200,000 Blendtec TB-621-20 blenders, and is having them shipped to Cupertino. They will be used to "liquidate" a batch of recalled iPhone 4s.

On a related note, Apple is no longer the most capitalized tech company, but will be opening a new chain of iSmoothie stores in the Silicon Valley over the coming months.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
I don't say this about all devices but the iphone 4 deserves to get blended.

A huge design flaw that turns a mobile phone into a handheld video game device. Plus an arrogant douche who refuses to acknowledge the flaw and tells the public it's a non issue.

It is a great blender and I did purchase one because of these videos.

I really wish Crapple will come up with an actual solution other than a bumper case, so I can repurchase my iphone 4. :(

The hugeness remains to be seen. In Gizmodo's original article , Lam even says the phone works from his house where no previous models did. He was able to make several hours of phone calls without incident.

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
1 - To much time in is hands.

2 - To much money on the bank to spend on expensive toys.

3 - Where does he work, must be a hell of a well paid job (not the one blending things)

4 - Try to put your nuts in. Will it blend?

5 - What's the point, really?

Seriously i can't the the point on this. am i the only one? i did not even thought that was funny, but was as well bad...i mean. god!

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
1 - To much time in is hands.

2 - To much money on the bank to spend on expensive toys.

3 - Where does he work, must be a hell of a well paid job (not the one blending things)

4 - Try to put your nuts in. Will it blend?

5 - What's the point, really?

Seriously i can't the the point on this. am i the only one? i did not even thought that was funny, but was as well bad...i mean. god!
If you are asking some of these questions, then you clearly didn't read the thread.

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
If you are asking some of these questions, then you clearly didn't read the thread.

indeed i did not sir. i've read it in a diagonal way.

yes the publicity the advertising blablabla, but i can´t see why do they have to destroy a product to make a good publicity.

i don't see others wrecking cars or what ever to do it, call me short-sighted lolol but i just can't bite this

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
IMO he should have a pay-to-join site that features him blending palm handhelds. That is something I would pay to see, if the price is reasonable. :D:apple:

emon878

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
Canada
indeed i did not sir. i've read it in a diagonal way.

yes the publicity the advertising blablabla, but i can´t see why do they have to destroy a product to make a good publicity.

i don't see others wrecking cars or what ever to do it, call me short-sighted lolol but i just can't bite this

Have you never watched a movie before?

And even if he wasn't making money by blending it who cares? How does it effect you in any way? It doesn't. A waste? He is wasting his own money then and he has a right too by doing so he isn't hurting anyone in any way. I think you guys need to realize its just a ****ing phone and relax yourselves. Again its just a phone it doesn't mind that it got blended.

And to Yakuza he's the CEO of blendtec so ya I'd say he has a pretty good job.

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
You're an idiot. Have you never watched a movie before?

And even if he wasn't making money by blending it who cares? How does it effect you in any way? It doesn't. A waste? He is wasting his own money then and he has a right too by doing so he isn't hurting anyone in any way. I think you guys need to realize its just a ****ing phone and relax yourselves. Again its just a phone it doesn't mind that it got blended.

And to Yakuza he's the CEO of blendtec so ya I'd say he has a pretty good job.

You have to realize that i'm on the other side of the atlantic, SO, i don't know if is the CEO of a company or even if Blendtec is real, or if he was just some fool with to much time on is hand, do you understand now, hum? He can waste is money and whatever more he wants i don't give a ******* really, but that doesn't stop me to say:

>It's Stupid<

iCole

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
Its a waste because it's bad for the environment? It is, but the producing millions of iPhones is a environmental waste on itself. Luxury comes at a price. Think about it. We are all actually paying lots of money every so often for what is in a way just a another phone, but then made with lots of high standard materials, which no doubt is polluting in its own way, just because we all just want the best, last en newest advice. If we weren't so needy for new technology en fancy stuff, the world would be better off.

I don't want to sound anti-iPhone or something. I'm also guilty of having an iPhone and i don't mind. I like it :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.