iPhone Will iPhone 4 owners upgrade to iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kristoffer4, Jun 28, 2013.

?

Upgrade to ios 7 on iphone 4?

1. I will put ios 7 on my iphone 4

32 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No way! I am staying on a stable ios 6.

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

I don't know wheter I will upgrade to ios 7 on my old iphone 4. My ipad 1 has become almost unusable on ios 5 and I don't what the same thing to happen to my phone. What are your thoughts on this? :confused:

2. macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

If not at first, they will when apps start requiring them to do so.

3. macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I dont see why not. Unless you REALLY REALLY hate iOS 7 then yeah...

4. macrumors 6502

OP is a afraid that his phone will become slower than already is.... Here at work, I told every iPhone 4 user to wait my OK to update..

5. macrumors regular

Beta 2 runs just as well as iOS 6 after a clean install.

6. macrumors newbie

I took a chance on giving up my iOS 6 jailbreak, and made the move when beta 1 came out. At first, it was ok, but too many bugs. I stayed with it, as I had the same issues with iOS 5, but a lot was worked out with beta 2. I did a clean install of 6.1.4, then directly to 7, and I haven't had a 1/4 of the problems as everyone else has on any device, let alone the i4. So far, it's running, just as smooth as iOS 6, and I love what they've done with the place.
    I've been a user since the first iOS, and have been waiting for a change, and just as I started to show interest in android, apple pulled me right back in, and I couldn't be happier.

7. macrumors 65816

FatPuppy

Attached Files:

8. macrumors member

I'm running beta 2 on my iPhone 4 now and its not that bad.

Can't see it running any slower than iOS 6 once its released but I will be upgrading to the new iPhone anyway so I'm not too fussed either way.

9. macrumors newbie

Shsh

Save your SHSH blobs for 6.1.3, and if 7.0 is slow or buggy, roll back to 6.1.3.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

As in do a manual backup to itunes?

11. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

12. Guest

If its really laggy and slow than no but I will probably upgrade my iPhone 4 this year to either iPhone 5S or Nexus 5.

13. macrumors member

Call blocking is a feature I am anxious to have on my phone, so will likely update mine to iOS 7. But then again, I will likely be upgrading to the 5s.

14. macrumors regular

As much as I am LOOKING FORWARD to using iOS 7 - after the WWDC presentation - I am looking forward to doing so on a brand new device.

I likely will NOT be putting iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S, as it is already getting long in the tooth on 6.1.3 as it is. I will be keeping my 4S as it is.

However, I am very much looking forward to the iOS 7 experience on a brand new iPhon 5S (or whatever it is to be called).

15. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You still need blobs to revert to 6 even if you don't intend to jailbreak. The iTunes backup only contains your data, not the OS image itself.

16. macrumors regular

scrmtrey

Yes, i will put iOS7 on my i4. In fact, i am on beta 2 now, updated over OTA from beta1.

I am pretty sure that when the GM will be out, it will work fast, smooth, maybe even better than iOS6, but for sure not slower.

Only if u don't like the UI, you should at least try it and maybe u will get used to it. ;)