Will iPhone 5 Drop in price at ATT when 5S comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanMacApple, Jul 26, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi, I am asking anyone who last year looked into getting an iPhone 4S when the iPhone 5 came out. I am considering purchasing an iPhone 5 when the 5S comes out later this year.

I am curious if either the full price of the phone drops without a contract or if AT&T will discount it further on a 2 year contract. Mostly interested in either the 32 or 64 MB models. Thanks in advance for your help! Dan

2. macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Assuming apple doesn't discontinue the iPhone 5 like was speculated earlier this week, the 5 should drop to $99 and the 4S will be $0 at 2 yr contract pricing.

3. macrumors 6502a

It is rumored that Apple will discontinue the iPhone 5 with the announcement of the low cost iPhone and the iPhone 5S.

4. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I don't think the 4S will be offered soon since Apple is trying to switch the product lines to the lightning connector

5. macrumors 68000

Hasn't AT&T been selling the iPhone 5 for $99 for a while now?

6. macrumors 6502

srsub3

A drop there will be for sure. I don't think about discontinuing it, because differently from the new iPad (3rd gen) the jump between 4s and 5 is evident in benchmarks. Moreover there is the lightning fact that implies, to me, iphone4s out of business

7. macrumors 65816

I am betting the will discontinue making them. They might have some 5 stock that remains unsold and could discount after the 5S till they depleat.

8. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

Whether they discontinue or not they will certainly have back stock initially. Historically the back stock is sold at reduced prices. Usually $50-100 off.

9. macrumors regular

Both, they drop the price for $100 on both with and without subsidy

10. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I was having a random conversation with a girl that works at BB and she told me.."it's very weird, but our system shows the iPhone 5 being discontinued". And this was a week before the rumor came out.

I just can't wait until sept!