Will iPhone 5 screen protector fit iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddublu, Sep 11, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

ddublu

Talk to me.

2. macrumors 6502

I don't see why not, that of course depends on the brand.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

ddublu

Ummm....thanks?

4. pk7
    macrumors 6502

He gave you a perfectly reasonable answer.

Some brands have released protectors for the 5S and it's updated home button and such. For some existing brands, iPhone 5 protectors already work. For others, they're entirely incompatible with the iPhone 5S.

You'll just have to do some research. Off the top of my head I know that Zagg's protectors are 5s-compatible.

5. macrumors 6502

Sorry perhaps I should clarify, Zagg for instance has a very wide home button opening, Spigen has a very close fitting opening, Power support has a wider home button opening that Spigens. I have never seen the size of the home button on the 5S so I don't know if its the same size as the home button as on the 5 but if the screen protectors home button opening is much wider than the 5 home button than I don't see a compatibility issue.

6. macrumors 6502

Strike all of that. For some reason, I misread this as asking about cases.

7. macrumors 65816

It seems like the answer would be no, because the home button opening would have to be bigger (because of the ring). I get my screen protectors cheap on eBay, but usually the home button is pretty tight and close to the actual home button size.

8. macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

It really depends on the protector and how wide is the home button cut :rolleyes:

9. macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I've already ordered a case, screen protector and back film. I think only the back film is affected given the double led flash.

10. macrumors 6502

True story! Some companies are even already marketing their current screen protectors to fit the 5/5S