Will iSight fit a Dell 2005FP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Backtothemac, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Does anyone know if the iSight mountint kit will allow the iSight to mount on a Dell 2005FP Monitor? That is the 20" Dell Flat Panel.

2. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Yes it should, it comes with an adhesive based mount.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

It only comes with the adhesive desk mount, magnetic mount, and laptop clip.

The magnetic mount will probably work, it worked on every LCD I've tried it on so far.

4. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

yeah, I've seen someone use the magnetic mount on the Dell. Should work fine.

5. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Sweet. I could not get it to fit on my old gateway LCD. So I was hoping that it would work on the Dell.

Thanks everyone!

6. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Oh, I had the rev. a iSight which included 2 diff. adhesive mounts, 1 for the iMac G4 and one for the eMac.

7. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, the frustrating thing is that at Apple's site, it says the iSight comes with four mouting stands, and yet it comes with three. Also, in the owners manual in support it shows that the stand for an LCD is included.

NOT happy.

8. bearda macrumors 6502

I just got my 2005FPW today and was wondering the same thing. The ouside edge of the panel seems entirely plastic though. I tried sitting a kitchen magnet on the edge and it couldn't even hold it's own weight. I don't have an iSight yet (and if I get it is largely dependent on the mounting options) so I don't know how the magnetic mount works, but unless the magnet is REALLY strong I can't see it holding well. Does anyone have pic available of how the magnetic iSight mount holds on?

It'd be great if the iSight held (and if anyone could come up with a slick mounting system it would be Apple), but I kinda want to know how it works before I totally blow my last paycheck (the LCD was costly enough).

Andrew Beard

9. evildorko macrumors newbie

i use the magnet mounting unit with my 2005fp and it works just fine. the surface of the top of the monitor isnt completely flat, but the magnet is strong enough to hold the isight tightly to the monitor.