will iskin prevent 2.4 macbook keyboard light form illuminating?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gixxerredliner, Feb 5, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

2. macrumors 603

HLdan

I have the new iSkin, I bought it at Macworld and yes, you will lose the keyboard illumination. You will see the light emitting from underneath but the printed keys won't pass light through. I bought the one with the printed keys on it rather than just the cover. It's much better. I wouldn't worry so much about the backlit keys, just use it when you think your keyboard may have a chance at getting spilled upon.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Hmmmm

I see the one you were referring to on there site thats the one im going to purchase thanks.

4. macrumors 6502

i have the clear one and that one works very well

5. macrumors 6502a

the moshi clearguard (there are some threads on it, search for it) is very clear and is supposed to be much thinner than the silicon iskin coverings

6. thread starter macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Hmmm

I think if i cant see the illumination using a protective skin i might as well go with a 2.0 Base Alu ;) nothing wrong with that i cant wait to get my macbook :)

7. macrumors 6502a

i should have been more clear. the moshi clearguard for the keyboard will not hinder the illumination of the keyboard at all. you will still see the keys very easily.

8. macrumors 68040

I have the clear one and the light from the keyboard shines right through w/o a problem. I can't even tell I have the keyboard cover on when the light is on.

9. macrumors newbie

ditto

10. macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

Get the clear one from ZCover. I have it and I can see the lights clearly when they are on.