Will it fit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thomaskrap, Jan 24, 2007.

1. thomaskrap macrumors newbie

i've been trying to find a extremely cushioned case for my macbook pro. i commute everyday on my bicycle and i crash every once in a while so i need something that won't kill my baby. i have the 15 inch mbp and was wondering if it would fit in this bag:

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=728888

i know that the width is off by .3 inches and the height is off by .2 inches but will that really matter? will it still fit, just snugly?

if that doesn't work, how about this idea?

i buy the case for the 17 inch powerbook then sleeve the computer, then stick it inside the 17 inch case for extra padding.

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=728894

i was hoping that i can fit it in the first bag if it will fit. anyone ever try it? you think those minor differences in size will really make a difference?

2. shikimo macrumors 6502

I bet the first one is ok, but of course no way to know without trying...before her untimely theft, I carried my iBook in a sleeve that was an inch too small and she fit safely and snugly. Do you have a way to go to a store and try it? If not, how confident are you in your ability to return it?

I think these are the important questions, cuz the second option sounds like trouble. I used to bike alot with my iBook in a bumpy, dangerous, wet and crowded urban environment, and having a snugly-packed bag that is as small as possible is, as I imagine you know, totally key. Who wants extra weight and bulk when you're dodging maniacal cab drivers?

In any case good luck, and here's to not crashing for awhile...it's awfully hard on the bike :cool: .

3. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Why don't you look for a hard case? Maybe you can find a slim hard case. That would offer best protection from bike crashes I would think.

The Stig