Will it get here ontime?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KSource, Oct 31, 2004.

1. KSource macrumors member

I know there have been countless threads on this (I did search), however it was hard to determine due to lack of information of the customer and what product came from where and if they had purchased the $15 dollar "rush".

I have ordered a PowerBook 15" with slight mods that are pretty common (Up VRam, HDD). + paid $15 for the 2-3 day gist.

From what people have said a more common setup may be faster to assemble.

My question is with the fact that I had picked a common setup, paid the $15 dolars, and live in California, would it I probably get it Friday? Since it does ship from Shanghai? to Alaska? to...not that many places inbetween. I've heard of people on the East Coast getting it pretty fast within 7 days, I would assume West Coast to be better?

I'm leaving for a trip this Saturday that's why I wonder if I will get it on time and I need it for the trip.

I know it all depends on this or that, this was just a question to raise hope. If I do not recieve it by then I'll be out of town for 7 days and Fedex will give up going to my house and possibly send it back...what a pickle.

Thanks for any estimates or probable answers.

2. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

When I purchased my Powerbook, iPod, and printer, I got the iPod a week from the purchase, the printer followed by a few days (can't quite remember), and finally a couple days after the printer came my Powerbook. It took a lot longer than 7 days (less than 2 weeks) for the Powerbook to arrive. I ordered the same system as you did, I did not pay any extra for faster shipping.

In general, IMO, the shipping lengths varies. You should beable to track it on the web and find out the estimated times of delivery. I was not able to track it as I wrote the numbers down wrong :( . I instead called and apple was able to tell me when it would arrive.

good luck

3. KSource thread starter macrumors member

I'd just like to post update, seems that my PB BTO has left or is still in China as of yesterday. Seems like it may or may not get to me Friday, from what I paid it should since it says 2 day shipping, yet my est. shipping date is more than 2 days. I'd also like to add good freaking game, when looking at Apple Store Online again, it seems they added a next day shipping for 23 which is 8 more than the 2 day. Had it been there before, I would have done it.

I really hope I get it so it doesnt get stuck in FedEx limbo when I'm gone.

4. xg3 macrumors newbie

i live in canada. and when i ordered my ibook BTO, it left taiwan in 2 days after order and as soon as it was listed on FEDEX. 24 hours after that it was in the STATES. for the us residents, 2 days shipping do actually means 2 days shipping. cuz i got it in 3 buisness day.

5. KSource thread starter macrumors member

That sounds good, I'm thinking it will get to me on Friday. Would be nice if I knew what timezone they were using at what time. As far as I can tell or that I think it is, would be China timezone, which is about 12 hrs ahead from PST. :rolleyes: Thanks for the reassurance

Edit: Finally got to ANCHORAGE AK, seems like it changed into that timezone or it got from China to the US in 1 hrs?