Will Leopard iSync support more devices?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 66217, Feb 3, 2007.

1. 66217 Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    I am currently searching for a cell-phone (iPhone is not a possibility:( ) and I liked the Samsung D900 a lot. But I read that it is nearly impossible to sync it with the Mac. Something to be expected since it doesn't shows up in the Apple Supported devices page.

And as far as I understand, the problem is iSync. So, do you think Apple will update iSync and make it work with more devices in Leopard?

I am also looking at the SE w810. Is it a good phone? Does it works good with Macs? Any other recomendations?

Thanks in advance,

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
  3. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    I think they will update iSync to support Samsung phones. They are getting very popular and it would be silly of Apple not to support them;)

I have the Samsung x820, and I was very upset when I found out that it wasn't compatible with the Mac:(
  4. 66217 thread starter Guest

Jan 30, 2006
  5. 66217 thread starter Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    Dexter, have you been able to pass your Address Book to the phone? Or at least transfer music to the phone? Or transfer photos to the computer?

I don't use iCal that much (I prefer paper and pencil:p ), so even if it is difficult to make these things (Address Book and share photos/music) I would take the risk and buy the phone.
  6. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    I can transfer music and photos, and send my address book contacts ONE BY ONE. I haven't tried syncing iCal events yet. What I really want to do is use it as a modem with my MB, but I haven't been very successful in that either:(

I HOPE 10.4.9 brings compatability with Samsung phones:) :cool: