Will Logitech diNovo bluetooth keyboard/mouse work on MAC Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NJRonbo, Jan 10, 2007.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Jan 10, 2007
    I am possibly going to purchase my first Macintosh later today.

Going for the mac pro.

I own the Logitech diNovo bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    It's there top-of-the-line combo that costs over $200. So
    you can imagine why I want to keep using it.

Logitech does not offer software for that combo for MAC.

I am wondering if I can still use that diNovo keyboard with
    Macintosh bluetooth technology. Will it synch to their bluetooth
    if there is no software for that keyboard?

Also, do Windows keyboards work fine with Mac?
  2. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    if it helps, i have 2 different wireless keyboard/mouse combos from logitech, and only one of them works with OS X.

First I had the MX700 wireless combo, and that works fine with OS X. Then I got a new MX3200 Laser combo, which didn't say "OS X" on the box but I thought would work, and it recognized itself on my G5 but the mouse didn't work. When I moved the mouse around, my volume went up and down, or muted/unmuted!

I could find no drivers anywhere that would fix this for a mac, so i decided to use that mouse/KB on my PC instead. It's a better mouse/KB, but it doesn't work with OS X, which is too bad. It's not that the extra buttons don't work, which i could honestly care less about...it's that the X and Y axes control the speaker levels instead of the mouse...

OS X has quite customizable keys, but you can't easily map a mouse axis to do something else...
  3. lokyii84 macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2008
    There is no official driver for diNovo Keyboard, but you could use a program called ControllerMate (cost $15) to get a function of the keyboard. If not, you could still use the keyboard for the normal typing, but the sidebar (zoom in, zoom out, fn...etc) might not be working properly.
    For the mouse, you probably could get a driver from Logitech.com, it normally will work.