Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
so im getting my iPod touch soon ..
to replace my sold ipod nano and 5.5G Video ..

i currently have a Logic3 Universal dock..it worked great with the nano and the ipod video ..

it has a charger and audio/video out ..and it comes with a remote that can even control playlists ...

is it going to work with the iPod touch ??

what features will work? which ones will not ??

Thanks alot for any help ,,,

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California

i currently have a Logic3 Universal dock..it worked great with the nano and the ipod video ..

it has a charger and audio/video out ..and it comes with a remote that can even control playlists ...

Yes, it comes with a dock connector.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK

It definitely will not work with video out. It will probably work audio out and will charge the ipod. Remote may work to a limited degree (volume, next previous track, etc)
As for the size of it, it's the same width as a 5.5 ipod (more or less) but not as thick so will sit in a dock adapter for the old 5.5G but will "wobble" a bit. It's unlikely that the apple dock adapter supplied with it will fit as it's Apple dock specific

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Here's my guess-

1. The remote will work for controlling audio playback.
2. The video out won't work.

Check iLounge, there have been issues with the new iPods and video out. Most remote devices still work though. For example. my Klipsch iFi (dock + speakers) has a remote which works perfectly with my Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.