Will my G4 powerbook be replaced?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by maverickuk, Feb 2, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Apr 13, 2004
    I am about to send my G4 powerbook back for the 3rd time for the same problem.

Basically the lid wont close, I am sick and tired of this bloody lid! I have taken great care to open it at the center yet its still managed to break again.

The first time I sent it off, it come back unrepaired, then I sent it back and it come back fixed, so this will be the 3rd time I have had to send it back.

I was told that on the 3rd occasion products are replaced.

What do you think? or will they just mend the lid again? *sigh
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    actually, I think after the 3rd repair, if something goes wrong, then the lemon law may take affect. Just yell at customer relations about it. Good luck
  3. macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location
    I think the lemon law may take effect, but you need to phone them and mention this. If they agree, then you tell him/her to send you a new one in exchange for the lemon. If its the law, it's the law. Don't let them try and fix it for you again.
  4. macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    DO NOT YELL AT CUSTOMER RELATIONS! They have to put up with it from every other *******, and I'm sure you don't want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back (woo, cliché :D), only to have it fall on top of you.

As for replacing it, I think they should. I also recall hearing somewhere that it's their normal policy (3rd time for the same problem = replacement), but I'm not sure on that.