Will my macbookpro be able...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iLoveMyMBP, Mar 19, 2007.

1. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

With all this talk about leopard and santa rose will my macbookproC2D:confused: be outdated and not be able to keep up with the ever so fast changing technology and software??

2. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

i am planning to buy one next week and the MBP is the top-of-the-line pro laptop model and u have the newest version it should be fine for at least 4 or so years depending on what you use it for

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Hell no. Leopard will scream on your system. Absolutely fly. It will be awesome.

Need anymore superlatives?

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I know there's been a few posts around here claiming this, but it is absolutely not true. Leopard (and any other upcoming software) will work wonderfully on your machine.

5. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Not for a minute. I've had this PowerBook for 51 months (according to coconutbattery) and I'm only considering upgrading this year. Technology's moving too fast for anyone to stay right on the forefront but a C2D MBP is as about as future-proof as you're gonna get.

In the way of Leopard, I've had every major version of OS X on this 1GHz machine and I'm sure it could handle Leopard, I'm going to get a MacBook instead. Hell, this baby even runs FCS pretty fast too.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If it works great for you now, then how can it be outdated tomorrow when it still runs all of todays software?

It'll be fine. You may not have some perks, but those perks don't make previous systems obsolete.

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

How do you know?

It might release as the same buggy POS that OS X.4.0 released as...

8. Queso macrumors G4

Then again it might not. The OSX kernel and bits of the architecture received a major rewrite between 10.3 and 10.4 which broke a lot of APIs and therefore caused issues with drivers and software. 10.5.0 will be released with the same APIs as 10.4.x, only with additional API calls for the extra features.

So out of the two possibilities offered by you and Chundles, I'd say his is more likely.

9. MaaseyRacer macrumors regular

10. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

OS X traditionally runs BETTER on older hardware with each iteration. So Leopard should work fine. Especially since you have the current hardware (Right?) it'll only be around a year old when Leopard comes out anyway. There may not even be any hardware upgrades between then and now!