Will my MBA work with cheap Korean monitors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by joewillmott, Aug 12, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

May 22, 2012
    I have been thinking about buying a Yamakasi Catleap for some time but it seems they aren't the cheapest. I have narrowed it down to two monitors that are pretty much identical. I will be using it with my MBA 2012 so will buy a Thunderbolt-DVI-D converter.

Top choices atm:
    Achieva Shimian Lite 27" monitor
    Potalion 27" monitor

ANYWAY the point of this thread is: Will it work with the Macbook Air? They list graphics cards the monitor does and does not work with, however the HD4000 is never mentioned. Anyone got any experience or knowledge in this area?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 8, 2011
    As long as you can connect to it with the appropriate adaptor it should work. That's really good pricing. I wish they had better casing.
  3. macrumors member

Jan 14, 2008
    Yes, but you need to more expensive displayport/thunderbolt to dual-linkDVI adapter from apple.

Also think about the dead pixel policy - in both cases 5 bright pixels and many dark pixels are still considered not defective by the seller.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 27, 2010
  5. macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2009
    How come some of these sellers say do not use with Mac or internal graphics card? I have a 11" Macbook air (2011) and want to get one of these monitors (Achieve Q270) and am curious if they're saying that because I will need an adapter or because it really won't work.....?
  6. macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2009
    Bay Area
    You won't be able to take advantage of the full resolution without a $50-$80 adapter (apple one costs more). Otherwise you can ignore the description of the ebay listing.
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2009