Will Old PC Games work w/ bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Games' started by johnjeffrey, Jul 31, 2006.

1. johnjeffrey macrumors member

Hey there was wondering is old games that came out under Windows 98 such as Rainbow Six, Half-Life 1, etc will work on my Macbook running Bootcamp?

2. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

They should run just fine

3. reh macrumors 6502a

Replace the word "bootcamp" with "Windows XP". If the answer is yes, then it'll work under bootcamp as well.

4. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

great point. bootcamp is xp and alot of older games are for older versions of windows (ie. sim golf)

related idea: older windows games (ie. 98 or 2000) may run okay under parallels as they are not graphics hogs, right?

5. piltupso macrumors regular

Boot-Camp Game compability

I am new to the mac world and am interested in if anyone has had problems with any of the online games with boot camp. I noted in an earlier post on this thread it was stated that if the game works in XP on a PC it will work in XP in boot camp but was worried that sounds too good to be true. I am specifically interested in if anyone has any experience with Everquest 2 on a intel mac. Thanks.

6. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Probably not. Under Parallels, just XP was barley useable, never mind any programs (for me anyway, not sure about anyone else). Parallels emulates a 4K GFX card I think.

7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Parallels would be better if you had an older windows ie 95 98 and wanted to play really simple type games. Right?

8. reh macrumors 6502a

It's just Windows XP. Instead of being installed on a Dell, Gateway, home-built PC, etc... It's on a Mac. Same hardware format, different look.