Will PM G5's price drop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jscheiman, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jscheiman macrumors member

Mar 21, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Even though this is speculation and rumors hint at the possibility of an updated PM G5 at this weekends NAB show in Las Vegas, would prices of current PM's reflect the change right away?

Would the current line-up of models drop in price after an announcement of new hardware or after releasing new hardware goes up for sale? Does Apple like to try to clean out it's old stock to make way for the new goods?

I am purchaing a new PM next week and am hoping with any luck, I might encounter some kind of price break if rumors become reality.
  2. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    i would like to know the same if the old Pm's will get a price drop to move them on out for the new PM's.

I actually saw this on the CompUSA website. They had the old dual 2.0 PM for $1500 I believe and they also had the new Rev for $2500. When I saw this all of the old 2.0's were out of stock around me. So I never was able to snag one but this time I will be ready.
  3. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
  4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    The prices of the new machines generally don't change much, a couple hundred dollar swing either way for quite awhile.

Take a look at refurbs, since the current machine will likely end up there.

Every now and then there is a smoking deal when new machines arrive, but you take a chance.