Will Powerbooks after Paris...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

    AJ Muni

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2005
    Location:
    Miami
    #1
    this is what im thinking. im going to be selling my ibook for about $925. i want to get a loaded 12" PB (100gb, SD etc.) BUT I want to take advantage of the free ipod b4 9/24. I kno logic tells me to wait for the update after expo, but this is the thing: Im thinking the ipods will go on some sort of b/o, around expo time, THUS: waiting for the updated PB and getting a free ipod cant happen,and we wont be able to take advantage. you guys think im thinking crazy???
     
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

    wdlove

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2002
    #2
    If you have a need for a new PowerBook and want the iPod, there is no reason not to purchase now. Don't the that you are thinking crazy at all. That way you will be able to enjoy the new PowerBook and iPod. There is no guarantee of anything significant at Paris. You also experience more of a wait for delivery.
     
  3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 15, 2005
    Location:
    Tacoma WA
    #3
    As someone that waited for the new ibook revision before I switched, i'm going to go ahead and say wait. IF they do anything i'm sure they will be small or tweak few things here and there, boost a few things here and there, whatever the case may be, but then you'll get the newer machine for waiting a few more weeks for hopefully the same price they are now.

    If you really really want the ipod, then order now though :)
     
  4. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

    AJ Muni

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2005
    Location:
    Miami
    #4
    Thie thing is, i already have an ipod. but to the person im selling the ibook too, the free ipod for him is part of the deal. i dont want him to get screwed later if the ipods go on b/o before the expo....OR they run out. from what i hear they already stopped making the ipod mini 4gb...
     
  5. Mord macrumors G4

    Mord

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    buy withing the period which you can return it no questions asked, then if it gets updated consider if it's worth returning it for the new one.
     
  6. ak004m macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2005
    #6
    I'm waiting to purchase a new PB but i want the the ipod as well so my plan is to buy a current PB 15" in about two weeks, around Sept. 10th or so. There's a two week period where Apple will price match or accept a return without charge, if you leave it in the box, and I'll get the iPod. If there's a only a weak upgrade similar to the iBook's updates then it will most certainly come with a price drop too in which case I think i'll just get the price match and go ahead and open my new PB. If they get a serious upgrade then I'm planning on returning it for a new one and hopefully get the rebate on the iPod stil.

    Only real flaw here is that week when i can't open the box of the PB, that's gonna be a real test.
     
  7. chokedamp macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2005
    Location:
    Madrid - Spain
    #7
    I'm gonna buy an apple notebook too, but I'll wait until the paris expo just in case (I don't need it right now). Maybe it's a dream that the pb will be a litle bit cheaper (and with some upgrades) but waiting some weaks I think it's quite worth (unless you really really need it right now).

    Hope my own opinion helps you.

    bye
     
  8. iEdd macrumors 68000

    iEdd

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2005
    Location:
    Australia
    #8
    WAIT...

    Sounds like they are trying to sell off the old ones...

    Reminds me of when they were giving $800AU rebate on 23" plastic displays with purchase of PM G5. Not long after the new ones came out, ending up about $1000AU cheaper..
     

Share This Page