Will PowerMac G5 disappear from online store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by supremedesigner, Jul 26, 2006.

1. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

My company has been saving money to buy several new Quad-Core G5's for work (we are ad agency) and we plan to buy sometime in August but I am a bit concerned about this. When MacPro comes out, will PowerMac G5 disappear right away both from online store and at store? I know all Adobe products (and Macromedia) products run just fine on PPC and not really on intel. Please let me know. Thank you!

2. glassbathroom macrumors 6502

It depends on how much stock Apple is left with when they announce the release of the new Mac Pro. Generally they stop selling the old version immediately or very quickly. They may well announce the new model, but still sell the old one until it ships. This has happened a few times in the past.

Regardless of the above, there will be lots of other retailers still with stock and they may well do a deal to get rid of the old models.

Good luck.

3. glassbathroom macrumors 6502

By the way, I am sure that the Universal (Intel and PPC) version of the Adobe apps will be out relatively soon, so you might be better getting the new Mac Pro instead.

I think there is a distinct possibility that Steve Jobs will announce this at the same time as introducing the Mac Pros.