Will Rogers Unlock my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Leet Apple, Mar 29, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Let me give you a brief summary of my situation.

Back in september I had gotten an iPhone 3G as a birthday gift, and I jailbroke and unlocked and went with Fido, at the time I had not really known what I was doing.

Now I want Rogers to unlock my iPhone like O2 does. Any chance if I tell them my story and I'm going to Fido they will unlock it for me and relock it to Fido. Or atleast exchange it for an Fido iPhone.

I have deicided I don't really need a jailbroken iPhone because so many cautions Come with it (Preserving Baseband) when 4.0 comes out I assume it won't be jailbroken within the first month.

2. macrumors 68000

ngenerator

What's Rogers' customer care number? I'd check with them.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Sorry I have no clue.... I think I'm going to head to the Rogers store during my free time.

I just thought atleast 1 person would be in thebsame situation as me.

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Judging by this listing I dont think any Canadian carrier offers official unlocking on the iphones they sell.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937
    But cant hurt to call and ask them to make sure.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

On the apple site it says Rogers is not authorized to unlock the iPhone I will speak to Rogers to get more detail of not I will speak to a genuis at the apple store to get a swap for a Fido iPhone

6. macrumors Core

alphaod

No Rogers will not unlock your iPhone.

Your best bet would be go the Apple Store with a phone problem and get the phone swapped to the correct carrier's device.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Have to go get Applecare :( Warranty is completely over in June.

I've been through so much with my iPhone I don't want it to be replaced, I guess Jailbroken 4 Life!