Will Some One... Anyone Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SLiM620, Mar 24, 2007.

1. SLiM620 macrumors newbie

ok i have no idea what happened i have a macbook running osx 10.4.9 and all of a sudden something weird just happened....my cpu was being unresposive so i restarted and when it rbooted some all my itunes music was gone dock moved itself and restored itself to default (standard size doesnt auto hide itself) and all the icons are question marks and i cant select any of them...the folders were deleted of my desktop and everything was deleted out of my user forlder...some of my settings changed and some of the custom icons i put on were gone.....all the things i added to my menu taskbar at the top are gone all my bookmarks in safari are gone all my widgets are gon its like my whole computer retored itself to deafault all my iphoto pics are gone evrything and im stessing i dont now what to do because i dont know what happened can anyone help me please:confused: :eek: :( :mad:

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Sounds like you might have accidentally changed the name of your user folder...check to see if the name changed and change it back to what it was before.

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

That's my best guess. Good luck.

Daniel.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. SLiM620 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank So Much Guys....I knew my mac wouldnt do that to me:D :apple:

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah just remember, renaming your home folder is a big nono :p your not alone. :)