Will Texas become a blue or swing state within the next 8 years?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jan 26, 2013.

1. macrumors 68040

Dems are already trying to win Texas over, especially with the hispanic vote. Do you see Texas turning blue sooner or much later?

2. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

If there's a god it will...

Don't hold your breath.

3. macrumors G5

yg17

If the GOP doesn't do anything to reverse their image as the party of aging, white, Christian males, it will be.

4. macrumors 6502a

glocke12

For the sake of the good people of Texas I hope not...

5. macrumors 68030

APlotdevice

Republicans will certainly do everything in their power to try and make it later. Not by changing their policies against minorities, but by continuing to manipulate the districts.

6. macrumors 68040

Moyank24

Why?

I live in Texas. I pay taxes. I'd like to hope that one day I will have the same rights as everyone else does. And the only way that will happen is if we can change the political landscape.

7. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

They're their own worst enemy. Banning Planned Parenthood last year resulted in about 20,000 additional babies born mostly to poor hispanic women. Sorry, can't remember where I read this, I'll look.

Demographics win every time. The angry white men of Texas are on their last legs.

8. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    If Texas went blue it would have nearly as positive an effect as Obama had in recovering the American image globally.

9. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

The biggest problem is the Texas Democrat's party has pretty well weakness they have done next to nothing to support it.
    The gop should be scared ******** of Texas going swing as losing Texas means dems pretty much win every time. Gop has to win Texas. Dems do not.

10. Guest

eric/

I think Texas will swing eventually, but I really don't think that just because it becomes blue or swing means that it'll be voting along party lines. From my time in the military I've met many Texans who were also Mexican and they were as Catholic and republican as it comes.

11. macrumors 68040

Moyank24

Which is why it's insane that they continue to insult them and push them away. The Republican Party has truly been their own worst enemy.

12. macrumors 68030

bradl

Are you implying that people who vote blue are not good people? From your statement, it definitely sounds like it.

BL.

13. macrumors 6502a

webbuzz

Similar to the way Republicans are viewed on here, right?

14. macrumors 68040

Moyank24

Stop electing homophobic, racist, women-hating, religious nut jobs and that will change. Promise.

15. macrumors 6502a

webbuzz

There is that broad brush again. :rolleyes:

16. macrumors 68040

Moyank24

What broad brush? Are you saying that there aren't elected Republicans who feel the way I described?

You need to start paying better attention.

17. thread starter macrumors 68040

That's also my experience, more like 50/50. But realize so many youth today around 18-25 are not following that traditional path. And the fact that the GOP has been as radical with their views as ever.

18. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Not broad brush. Look at the gop members in office and more fit what she described than not.