Will the hurricanes repeat as NCAA Football champs?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wake up Jobs!!!, Aug 13, 2002.

1. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

Do you think the Hurricanes will repeat as National Champions in 2003? I have season tickets and go to all the practices, so from my perspective, if they get back Frank Gore from injury, they can repeat as National Champs.
    What do you think?

-GaBe-

2. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

M-I-A-M-I, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

Attached Files:

3. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Grrr

As a Die Hard Nebraska fan, it is VERY painful for me to say this, but yes, I think they can do it. Everyone in Nebraska knew we were not going to win the Rose Bowl, but that team (UM) was FAST as he$%!!

Just make sure to embarass Oklahoma. that's all I ask. The Huskers will be back in form in a year or two, then we'll talk again.:D

Gus

4. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

I want to see UM kick the sooners ass too!

Mia all the way!

-GaBe-

5. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Not no but hell no....

I think they have the talent to repeat, but does the defense have the experience. Florida State is going to be very tough this year. Very tough. Not to mention that their strength of schedule is not what it used to be. I personally think that Miami will go 10-2 or 9-3 this year.

6. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Not no but hell no....

Strength of schedule????!! Strength of schedule?????!! We play 3 of the top ten teams in the Ap and USA today polls ( Florida, Florida State, and Tennessee) . Also i see what you mean on D-fence, but you have to remeber that all are starters on D-line are back , ALL of them. All of the Line backers are back, the ONLY defensive problem is our secondary. Only two of the D-backs have Game experience, but we have the 2 top D-back recruts in the country in the secondary. our offence is all there, even two of the 5 offensive linemen are there. and all of our recivers are there KEN DORSEY IS BACK TOO. Our running situation is ok, WIllis Megahee is one of the top ten RB's the the country, and when Frank Gore comes back, oh boy will FSU be ****ing in their pants.

FSU is going to be good, very good, but not good enough:rolleyes: :D

-GaBe-

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, let me tell you who the two losses will be two. Tennessee and Florida. Brock is going to have a hayday with Miami's secondary. Tennesee will man handle them. Other than that I think that Miami goes undefeated. And no, believe me, I am not a Tennesse fan, or Florida fan. Personally, I will be pulling for you guys, but I don't think you will get by Florida, and there ain't no way, your getting passed Tennesee.

8. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Brock Berlin Transfered to Miami, your thinking of Grosman. But that brings up a good point, Berlin is our Key to Miami Beating florida. He knows the system. With Florida's new coach, They will have some communication problems, and Grossman will NOT be passing all thetime, when he stops passing our D-line will gobble up any running game. Tennessee is good, way better than florida and FSU, that game will be hard, But Tenns Offence sucks, They got a awsome D, but so do we, thats why I predict that ame to be close. When ANYONE comes to the orange bowl 95,000 fans will be giving them hell (I know because I have season Tickets, so im fan 94,999) It hard to win Two in a row, but it can be done.

-GaBe-

9. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Just remember that Tennesee plays in front of over 109,000, and it is the loudest stadium on the planet. Really. I have been there many a time. I hate them, but they are good. I just hope that we can kick their A$$ this year.

10. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i guess that all depends on what the boosters have budgeted for their payroll now doesn't it??

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Now, that was a cheap shot! :eek: ;)

12. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Hmmm... Not TOO tough. See Nebraksa: 1970-71, 1994-95. Sorry, I had to add that.

Gus

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Um, how about Alabama

25 and 26
    64 and 65
    78 and 79
    ?

14. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

We all must have faith in the surefire arnm of Ken Dorsey!
    M-I-A-M-I fight fight fight!!!

15. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Well, since I am a Husker fan, I only listed my fave, but absolutely Alabama. Roll Tide!

Gus

16. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hey, go Huskers! Total class. I came out for the Nebraska UAB game and your fans were total class. Hey, we play those folks in Norman this year out there, so put on some Crimson, and go pull for the Tide!

17. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

I absolutely positively cannot stand Nebraska. They win the NCAA almost every year because they have an easy schedule. They don't play ANYBODY worth noting.

I've harbored resent for them ever since 1998 when Michigan had to share the Nat'l Champ. with them. Michigan beat every single team in the BIG 10!!!! That's by far the hardest conference in football. And they had to share it with Nebraska??? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I'd be a football superstar, too, if I was playing a bunch of sissies and Girl Scouts. ;) :D

edit: But I absolutey love Nebraska's uniforms.

18. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

I was wondering

When the bashing would begin.

Nebraska is everyone's verbal whipping toy. I don't want to get in huge argument, because I could never convince you otherwise anyway, but playing Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Texas A&M , and Kansas State every year is not as easy as it may sound. Every league has their Baylor's and Oklahoma State's (for Michigan, until recently, it was Northwestern). Oh, and technically (I'm really NOT trying to get snippy) they shared the 1997 Championship, and we were every bit as pissed as you guys about it.;)

Oh, and I hate to tell you this, but they changed our unis this year. We're pissed about that too.:D

Gus

P.S. I just checked Michigan's schedule for this year. Whew! Good luck!

19. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Thanks BTTM!

I have been a lifelong Husker fan, but just moved to Lincoln 2 years ago and went to my first game. I was very surprised at how great the fans were. Heck, They even cheered when the other team made a great play (of course we were already winning by 35:D ).

I will definitely have my Bama shirt on for that game. I hope you like hearing "Boomer Sooner" (OK's fight song) because once the band gets started on it, they DO NOT EVER STOP. Ugh.:rolleyes:

Gus

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Um Quark. The Big 10 is a power conference, but the toughest football conference. Are you out of your mind! The SEC is by far and away the best football conference in the country, then the Big 12, then the Big 10. Seriously, look at the National championships over the last 30 years and see who has won what.

Yea Gus, I know. Same way with Tennessee and rocky top. Dear God. Please help us this year :)

21. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Let's see, the reason there have been so many national championships out of those conferences is because there is ONLY one or two good teams. If that one or two teams wins out, they are undefeated. In the big ten, it is very difficult to go undefeated because nearly every team is competitive.

22. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Maybe..

But I have to tell you how tired I am of hearing people say how great the Big 10 is. Yes, they have a long history of great teams. Wisconsin and Ohio State were two of my favorites, but lately the Big 10 have been just better than average. The reason none of those teams make it through the conference unscathed is that none of them are outstanding.

By the way, no great teams in the SEC? Are you nuts? Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, the new and improved South Carolina. Man, that is tough. Of course, then you have Vanderbilt too;) .

You wanna talk light conferences, let's talk ACC (until last year) and the Big East.

Of course, I also believe that any team on any given day can compete. Except Baylor. They are just ridiculous.

I just want NCAA football to start already. I enjoy it so much better than the pros.

Gus

23. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

mcrain,
    dude, you know I love you right. Man, what are you smoking? The SEC has put 6 teams in bowls nearly every year for the last 10 years, and had 9 last year that qualified. That is power.

Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State are all perinial Powers. South Carolina is new to the group, but seriously.

Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the only two jokes in the conference. What about the ACC, the Big East? Man, the Big 10 cannot compete. In 1992 the SEC was 5 and 1 in Bowls. And win the most nearly every year.

Bama has 12 national titles, more bowl wins, more all americans, and more SEC titles than any other team. That is power.

24. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

NU-ALABAMA '77

Hey BTTM! Friday night on ESPN Classic they are reshowing the 1977 Bama-Husker championship game. Just thought you might like to know.

Gus

25. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

I wasn't going to say it. ;)

No other conference has teams like:

Michigan, Mich. State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, and Purdue

in the same conference. That's a bloodbath. No wonder they can't get as many teams into bowls. they're too busy killing each other.

I'm not knocking anyone, or any other conference. There are some extremely competitive conferences.

I will, however, take this opportunity to knock and insult Florida State. :p