Will the MacBook be better for this?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jamescwarren, Jun 24, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Hi. I was wondering. The only thing that is preventing me from getting the MacBook is the graphics card. Will it run the Sims 2 Universal Binary faster/same or slower that my 1.33 GHz PowerBook G4 with 512 MB RAM. The graphics card on the PowerBook G4 is the: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700. The MacBook I would get would be the White 2 GHz, 120 GB with 1 GB RAM. Also, is Roller Coaster Tycoon universal yet? If not, how well will it run on the MacBook with the specs above? Thanks.

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Games don't run in Rosetta at all well. Stubbs the Zombie is VERY slow and jerky under Rosetta. Which RCT is it? 1 2 or 3?

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Mabook isn't a gaming machine, nor is it meant to be.

What I can't understand about all these "Can the Macbook play x or y?" threads is that even if it can play some games that are already out, gamers are only going to be frustrated when another game comes out that they really like, and their Macbook certainly won't be able to play it (it can't even play newly released games, never mind future games).

4. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

5. macintoshxiii macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

It sounds good and awful bout macbook unable to play game, a non game machine etc.... It would glad that if macbook could do more work and at a efficient and stable directions but my doubts in macbook still linger in my mind till now after serveral months since they launched.... how good exactly is haveing a macbook (pro) compare to powerbook G4? Can anyone pls show me the light gosh? this is driving me insane....

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'd just upgrade the RAM in the Powerbook. No real need for a new computer is there? Max out the RAM.