Will the Macbook Run Vista's Advanced AERO?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AvSRoCkCO1067, May 17, 2006.

1. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Published today on CNET: Vista's Requirements

According to CNET:
    So, my question is - can the MacBook handle the 128 MB of Video Memory requirement? I did read somewhere that it had an upper limit of 64 MB - is that a mistake?

The requirements of Vista, in my opinion, are pretty high...although I guess it's been a long time coming (you know, 6 years...:rolleyes: )

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I believe that the Intel GMA 950 can support up to 224 MB of Video RAM (or whatever they call it), and has a lower limit of 64 MB. Apple may have changed this. But that is intel.

3. AvSRoCkCO1067 thread starter macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

oooo! That makes a lot more sense.

Of course, it's still sad that a 1999 base configuration MacBook Pro model still couldn't handle Vista's "advanced graphics" - and I don't think it's sad on Apple's part. Honestly, do you think Leopard will require 1 GB of Ram to support all of its eye candy? And remember, the 1 GB is bare minimum in Vista's requirements...:rolleyes:

4. afornander macrumors 6502

Why Not, If People Wanted It They Would Have To Upgrade There Ram, Giving Apple More $$$$.

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Is Microsoft crazy?? They won't go out of business, but what kind of requirements are those??? That was what the wait was for??

I knew the requirements were ridiculous, but those are really really ridiculous.

6. TheEdisonEffect macrumors member

Although, by the time Vista actually comes out, those specs will probably be about normal... :rolleyes:

I've also noticed with Windows that the minimum requirements tend to be inflated a bit, and though they sometimes put checks in there, it doesn't tend to be like OSX where it automatically disables a bunch of features when the requirements aren't up to recommendation. I imagine current computers should be able to run it ok with minimal paring down...