will the new ibooks suit me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Jonknox, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Jonknox macrumors member

May 10, 2005
    I run photoshop cs2 right now and have about 3000 songs on my pc. like 400 pictures also!

I dont do any high end computing but the thing im concerend about is screen resolution going from a 1280 by 1024 to the smaller resolution might be a change but Ill handle ti just one thing is photoshopt o clutter for the apple screen or will it work nicley?
  2. acedickson macrumors 6502a

Dec 6, 2004
    Yes. It'll do all that with no problem.
  3. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Mar 16, 2005
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I know going from the 1280x1024 lcd back to a 1024x768 CRT made things feel rather cramped, but you soon get used to it

Best bet would be to apply the screen span hack (assuming it'll work with the new iBooks) and use your current screen when your at the desk, if your current screen has VGA of course,and use the internal screen elsewhere :)

Performance wise, you'll have no problem what so ever, i had way more than that on my iMac and it never skipped a beat :cool:
  4. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    Well, what I would do if I were is if you have an Apple Retail Store near by, or a CompUSA, or local Apple Comuter Shop, I'd go there and use an iBook. Kinda like a try before you buy type thing. Then you know what you're getting before you buy it. If you feel you need a little more power and capability, then get something like a 12" PowerBook, or 15" PowerBook.
  5. Jonknox thread starter macrumors member

May 10, 2005
    also do you think soon there will be 64 bit only software or is there even such a thing, im not good with all this computer stuff.
  6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Depends what your season is, and whether Lexan will compliment your natural coloring. Of course, you can always dress it up or down depending on how you accessorize...

7. Jonknox thread starter macrumors member

May 10, 2005
    hahaah thats hilarious think ill get some of those ipod shuffle earings!