Will the new Zelda still have that "classic" feel to it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by applecrag, Nov 5, 2006.

1. applecrag macrumors regular

Just wondering what you guys would know about this upcoming game. I was thinking about getting a Wii and Zelda would probably be a main selling point for me. How does this Zelda compare with the classic ones? Is there still a Ganon? Still the same cool items to collect and mind boggling mazes and obstacles to get through? It seems like every new Zelda that comes out has some other story added to it. I love the game, but I was just wondering if you guys knew how close this would be with the others. Thanks!

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It will be classic Zelda to the MAX! and much much more, just read the articles in this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=248779

I think all zeldas are classic zeldas, (except.. you know) they all had the great elements that are Zelda.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm not sure what you mean about every new Zelda having some other story added...other than Majora's Mask, they've all followed the original.

Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time ended with a fight against Ganon. So did Wind Waker. Even Four Swords did.

Regardless, this should have a classic, and very Ocarina of Time-like, feel. :)

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Well the Gameboy ones are just as "off-center" as MM. They have link go into other dimensions or whatever. They all still have the classic Zelda feel to it though.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Links Awakening was my first Zelda game so that is my classic Zelda!
    I trust it will have the classic feel. Much like OoT or MM (but good).

6. applecrag thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait and the Wii itself. :)

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Same here :) Link's Awakening had no triforce, no Ganon (except a Nightmare imitation of him in the final boss), and no Zelda...still ridiculously awesome.

8. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

You didn't play as Link in Wind Waker. Although it's technically just a name, the whole thing bugged me (kind of)... all the "you look just like this ancient hero!" garbage wasn't really necessary. Great game otherwise!

But yeah, as far as journalists are saying, Twilight Princess will follow Link, Epona, Zelda, Ganon -- the whole crew.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Link rarely appears in the same game twice. He is 'born again' whenever Hyrule needs him. Else he'd be bloody old.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Um...duh. It's the same way in 90% of Zeldas.

The Ocarina of Time Link isn't the same Link as the A Link To The Past Link. Nor is the original "The Legend of Zelda" Link the same as the one from A Link To The Past.

IIRC it was explained that it is traditional to name the princess of Hyrule Zelda, in one of the Zelda games I didn't play.

The only consistent character is Ganon/Ganondorf, who is sealed away or killed every time to be released or resurrected or return in some other way next game.