Will the Retail Version of WoW be Supported With Better Servers?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Koree, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

Hey, are they gonna have different servers etc. Cuz i really feel stupid if im gonna have to pay if the servers are like this... I mean seriously!

2. kilpajr macrumors regular

I think we have to realize that the Beta is absolutely free and so you had 500k+ people sign up in one day. I would be really surprised if the game sells fast enough to create that kind of load. Also, they will get a lot of money from the initial purchase and monthly fees. They will add as many servers as necessary to provide an enjoyable experience. If they don't, people will stop paying the monthly fee and Blizzard would stop making money. Finally, this is a Beta so they are constantly making changes. I think many of the current problems are caused by implementing upgrades.

I will be purchasing this game and I don't have any worries about server problems. My biggest hope is that they improve the Mac performance. I think I should be getting better performance than what I am currently getting.

3. Jaz macrumors regular

Oh let's hope so. However Blizzard don't seem to know that Australia exist. They only put servers to handle Europe, US, Korea and that's about it. We can play but with lag and timeouts galore.

In a Beta expect lower levels of investment in the infrastructure in order to prove the concept only, but do that at retail and expect to be punished and probably sued.

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

A little OT, but I read there were some problems with the Mac version that should be patched as soon as 10.3.6 is out. Are they patched already?

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

they have said that they have more servers ready and waiting to be brought online for retail. They are only using some of them for the beta for testing purposes.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

7. bux macrumors regular

For me it looks like a heating problem, although I can be wrong.
    But when a graphics card get over heated it usually looks like that.

8. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    the game looks fine on my Mac and my PC (although my PC can handle the game with higher settings). great fun.

9. Jimong5 macrumors 6502

I was thinking that myself. I saw a similar thing in halo when I tried something to O/C my 9700.

10. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

any idea how many people will be supported on 1 server with retail? how many are on beta servers before u go on wait list? I know DAOC servers supported 2000-3000 people per server. i wonder if this will be around the same.... :confused: