Will "The Sims 2" run on a C2D Macbook?

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Stig, Dec 14, 2006.

1. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Will "The Sims 2" run on a C2D Macbook?

I have 2gb of ram.

thanks,

The Stig

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Yeah, but the graphics will be slowly and ugly.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

4. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

nope only cd macbooks run them c2d nooooooo

5. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

i would imagine it would run.... but on low graphics settings and quite slowly.

6. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm going to ask a stupid question but why only cd?

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

In other words Sims 2 plays really well on a MacBook dual core (I have it on mine) just make sure you max out the ram. So yea, on a dual core 2 it will be fine.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Due to the fact that the Radeon Mobility 9200 is such an old chipset, The Sims 2 would run but I wouldn't expect much. Is the MacBook similar, worse, or better?

9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Lol. It depends on who you ask I have found. I just got mine last night and haven't played any games as of yet. I have heard if you max out the RAM it will play some games, others say it won't play anything acceptably. I am going to try whatever I want to, but I am not expecting much...maybe I shall be surprised...:)

10. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

This is a bit of topic, but Bern, your avatar is the best I've ever seen! Did you make it? When I first saw it, I just stared at it for at least a minute! I love it!
    :D :D :D :D

11. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

it should run. the winblows version ran on my friend's really old and crappy lappie

12. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Everyone has their own standard of what they consider acceptable, so you'll obviously here differing opinions here. In my opinion, it is not usable for very long.

13. dhc macrumors regular

Can anyone confirm this? I'm not a gamer, but my wife plays the Sims 2 on her 1.33ghz G4 iBook, but is noticing considerable slowdown even on low graphic settings. I'm thinking of picking up a CD MacBook for her - will she notice improved gameplay?

Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.

David

14. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

The Sims runs OK(ish) on my girlfriends iBook 1.33Ghz, but is worse on my Macbook even after the UB patch.

It's not very playable on the low settings, but I haven't got Core 2 Duo so I don't know if this will make a considerable difference or not. I mean, you can make your house and decorate it with only modest slowdown - but throw in a few fancy lights, more than one sim etc etc and it's a VERY slow framerate which you'll just get fed up with.

But in fairness, i've not found the Sims to be a good port. I would be interested in trying the windows version with bootcamp?

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i ran in in windows on my 1.83ghz cd macbook with only 512mb Ram and it ran so-so when there were only a few sims. More ram would no doubt help some. Everything was at min settings but it was working.