Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Jailbreak now with 8.4. If there is an 8.4.1, there is a good chance that it will patch the jailbreak.
you're using jailbroken ios 8.4? if yes then how's everything? i mean any battery bugs or new music app bugs?

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
you're using jailbroken ios 8.4? if yes then how's everything? i mean any battery bugs or new music app bugs?
Yes, I am jailbroken on 8.4. Everything seems good, no noticeable problems. People say that the battery life on 8.4 isn't as good, but I can't say anything about considering my iPad is jailbroken, and I don't use it enough to be able to make any conclusions about the battery life.

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Yes, I am jailbroken on 8.4. Everything seems good, no noticeable problems. People say that the battery life on 8.4 isn't as good, but I can't say anything about considering my iPad is jailbroken, and I don't use it enough to be able to make any conclusions about the battery life.

battery life on 8.3 was very good i can notice some changes with battery life on 8.4 , thats why i was waiting for 8.4.1 to come so that i can jailbreak

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
battery life on 8.3 was very good i can notice some changes with battery life on 8.4 , thats why i was waiting for 8.4.1 to come so that i can jailbreak

You're implying that 8.4.1 will be jailbreakable. It might specifically be a jailbreak fix. Devs had had a while to play with 8.4 due to all the betas. I have a feeling if 8.4.1 patches the jailbreak, they may hold off until iOS 9.

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
You're implying that 8.4.1 will be jailbreakable. It might specifically be a jailbreak fix. Devs had had a while to play with 8.4 due to all the betas. I have a feeling if 8.4.1 patches the jailbreak, they may hold off until iOS 9.
but there are chances they it will be jailbroken because 8.3 and 8.4 is so i think hackers will find something for 8.4.1 too ..

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
but there are chances they it will be jailbroken because 8.3 and 8.4 is so i think hackers will find something for 8.4.1 too ..

No, hackers won't waste any good exploits on an x.x.1 release. Update to 8.4 and jailbreak now, odds are Apple will patch it in 8.4.1. Finding enough exploits in the OS takes months. The jailbreak teams are focused on iOS 9 now.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Your assumptions are false, illogical and innacurate.
If Apple puts out 8.4.1 will be just to patch all jb holes.
Devs will not then waste time and exploits making a new jb for such a non worthy update as 8.4.1
They will most likely wait for ios 9 that has already 3 betas out.
In the end do whatever you want.

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Your assumptions are false, illogical and innacurate.
If Apple puts out 8.4.1 will be just to patch all jb holes.
Devs will not then waste time and exploits making a new jb for such a non worthy update as 8.4.1
They will most likely wait for ios 9 that has already 3 betas out.
In the end do whatever you want.
okay i think i am gonna jailbreak 8.4, maybe you're right

mutaji

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
I dunno maybe 8.4.1 will fix some issues that I'm not experiencing on 8.4 then you'll have to jailbreak all over again! In the long run it might be a lot of work...
i know , IF 8.4.1 comes out with bug fixes and taig or pp releases JB tool for 8.4.1 too then i am gonna have to restore the phone with 8.4.1 and jailbreak again , that's why i was waiting for 8.4.1 but i think apple's gonna release ios 9 straight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.