Will there be another new ipod coming out Christmas??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ilikeninjas90, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ilikeninjas90 macrumors regular

I need to know if theres going to be a 6th gen ipod coming out during the holidays

because Im about to drop 250 on the new ipods that just released

Help would be tremendously appreciated

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

If you need to know, ask Mr Jobs.

No one really knows mate, except some of the people at Apple. The best you can do is keep up with the rumors.

3. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I'd really like to know as well.
    I recently lost my iPod Video coming back from New York, my holiday insurance won't cover it and i didn't have 'away from home' home insurance.

I can't live without my iPod it's been three days and i'm already having withdrawl symptoms.
    Knowing my luck (exactly like Lindsay Lohan in Just My Luck) I'll buy a new one a week or so later a new one will be released.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The word today from Citigroup analysts is "no." While they don't know everything, they do have access to more information than Joe Schmoe here in the forums.

5. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

it's highly unlikely... probably at least 6 months later

6. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

If you're wondering about spending $250, just do it. First of all, that's a good deal for what you get in an iPod. Second of all, there almost certainly will not be another iPod out before Christmas with all the updates the line just received, and third (of all?), whenever there is an update, I think there's a pretty decent chance it will augment the current full-size iPod, not replace it, at least for awhile. That means a full-screen touch-sensitive iPod will be likely be in the $400+ range, much like the color iPod photo was positioned upmarket of the standard iPod when it was released, and then eventually became the standard model.

7. ilikeninjas90 thread starter macrumors regular

whew

Im glad I wasnt the only one wondering

I think Im gunna go ahead and upgrade

250 isnt too bad

8. worldaviator macrumors newbie

I'd personally wait

because this Holiday season, Apple will be focused on selling the current iPod, and then shortly after the Holiday Season like February, a new model comes out.
    The 5.5g version to me is just incremental...nothing stands out that makes me want to upgrade from 5G.

WA

9. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I would say yes that there will be a "new" iPod before Xmas because of the reasons the iPod Nano had a full overhaul last update and the iPod didn't have much done to it at all.

10. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I doubt it.

Steve Jobs, although vague, implied that this was their iPod lineup for the Holiday season.