Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Is there, or do you think there will eventually be support for iChat/AIM on the iPhone? Personally, a do-everything kind of phone isn't "do-everything" unless it has instant messaging. If not, I'm getting the newest Sidekick on the 24th...

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
I think it will. Apple made no comment on the phone's software upgradeability. In the past when they've announced products this far in advanced they've bumped up the specs (first batch of macbook pros?), so I'm sure adding ichat functionality shouldn't be too hard.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
I think it will. Apple made no comment on the phone's software upgradeability. In the past when they've announced products this far in advanced they've bumped up the specs (first batch of macbook pros?), so I'm sure adding ichat functionality shouldn't be too hard.

steve said soemthing like, "...and what happens if you think of a great idea six months from now? you can't run around and add a button to one of these things. they're already shipped...."

steve pretty much implies the iphone will be able to add programs down the line. i'm thinking more widgets, games and, yes, ichat/aim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.