will they do it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iEric, Sep 30, 2006.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2003
    I bought a MacBook Pro online (forum) and it didn't come with the receipt. The seller may be able to find it but for now, let's say there is no receipt.

Anyways, the MBP to have that processor whine ... but only sometimes! if i lift up the computer it stops for like 20 seconds and then if i put it back down it'll start again within 30 seconds.

So I want to get it fixed but I live in Canada which means I have to go to an Apple Certified Technican (or whatever it's called) place but the computer was purchased in the US and remember, no reciept...Manufacturer's warrenty on the website has been registered and is to end in May/07...

Do you think they will do it for me without proof of purchase? Cause it's freakin' annoying sometimes especially when i'm at the library and all i hear it's that whine!!!

Anyone that lives in the GVRD know which apple tech place i should go to that's the nicest? :)
  2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Feb 25, 2006
    yes they should or if they say they cant say your bringing it in for a mate, i have done it heaps
    the repair system is based on the serial number so if the serial number is flagged or out of warranty they will not service it
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    The warranty is universal. I don't know how you'd prove that it's still under warranty, but they haven't been out for that long anyway, so no worries. Just get it fixed. ;)
  4. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    I've had three laptops and each has had at least 2 logic boards. Always took them to the local reseller even though they were bought elsewhere and I've never been asked for any proof of purchase or been charged for anything.
  5. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006