Will they scrap the Powermac G4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crowdaddy, Jun 8, 2004.

1. crowdaddy macrumors regular

Do you think after the next wave of updates they will scrap the Dual Powermac G4? People are saying it is still selling, they wouldn't scrap a profitable product would they?

2. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

i believe for some time they will keep the dual processors simply because of the laptops. Once the G5 laptops start coming into play then you might see the G4 powermacs become more obsolite.

3. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Not sure if they are selling warehoused g4's are ones they are still making....Not sure if they are making them actually. But I am sure if they are warehoused apple will take em off site when they get in pretty low supply and give em to places like smalldog.com. If the new g5's (when they do) come out g4's probly will be taken off, because why buy a 1.25 ghz g4 for 1,300 when u can buy a 1.6 g5 for like 1,400 or 1,500.

4. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

No, they will not scrap them for some time because a lot of people still need a machine that will boot up in OS 9 - hence their relatively high (and stable) price.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    are they still making them?

i was under the impression they were just selling old stock

6. crowdaddy thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, you can still order a built-to-order G4 off their website? I don't know if all the components are warehoused and just assembled when they get an order though.