Will this DVD Project fit on one disk?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I have a dvd project that's 22 minutes in length and I waas wondering if you all thought it would fit on one 4.7gb disk or will I need a dual layer disk to burn it on?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

yes, i'll be using idvd but not burning it as an image...the quality is terrible that way...will it still work?

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

That will work no problem. Even at highest quality 4.7Gig DVD-Rs are 60 Minutes.

5. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Your project is by no means going to exceed the DVD with iDVD.
    If you access to Compressor or DVD Studio Pro (uses Compressor), you can recompress your movie to maximize resolution. You can set the program to build the project several times until it maximizes color depth and resolution.

Side note, the difference (one of many) between Criterion and SuperBit DVDs is the compression. Criterion editions add all sorts of extras. Extras take up space and decrease the available space for the primary movie. SuperBit DVDs remove everything extraneous, including unnecessary languages, subtitles, features, and sound options. I think I see the and hear the difference. But hen again I work with media and can tell the difference between somebody dropping a pen, penile, or ruler while listing to an audio scrub. A perfectly useless skill.
    In the future if you have a really good project that starts with great resolution remmeber that you can

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for the help yall... I was worried about the quality of the dvd once burned, but I played on a tv dvd player and it looks just like it did when I recorded it....thanks again macrumorers!

7. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I sent my friend a DVD created with iDVD that was 45 minutes of home movies and it fit with much room to spare.